Tuesday, April 14, 2009

EASTER 2009

EASTER!!!!! Easter 2009 was just about one of the best we've had as a family! Franklyn and Daddy colored Easter eggs on Saturday afternoon. Franklyn has so much fun doing anything that lets him be creative. He's quite the artist!

Sunday morning Franklyn woke up to the sound of me screaming that the Easter Bunny had just hopped out of the house. I love the fact that I'm still able to convince him that things like the Easter Bunny actually exist. :-) He was pretty excited to find things like a kite and a bug catching kit among the goodies! All I heard the whole morning was, "Can I fly my kite now?"




We came home and made some quick pictures after church. Then we headed to Los 3 Amigos for a yummy mexican Easter lunch. What could be better than that?


Franklyn is such a ham when it comes to picture time. It's all I can do to get him to let me take a picture where he's not cutting up or making a funny face.










After our lunchtime fiesta at Los 3 Amigos, we took an afternoon siesta... Then we went outside to plant Franklyn's annual Easter tree. It's something we look forward to every year. This year, though, Franklyn was more excited about using his new bug catching kit. He dug up about seven worms and stuck them in the bug keeper. He kept going outside to check on them the rest of the evening. He was a little disappointed a few hours later when they were all shriveled up and dead! :-(

No comments: