Thursday, April 12, 2012

A REAL LIFE BIKE

Mike, my former boss at work, sold me his son's BMX bike because he had outgrown it.  I brought it home yesterday and Franklyn was extremely excited.  This afternoon we went outside to start the process of learning to ride a bike (without training wheels) and Franklyn could barely contain his excitement.  He rubbed his hands across the handlebars and said, "Wow...  A real life bike.  I've never seen one in real life... except for Blake's."  Blake is a boy in the neighborhood that Franklyn has started playing outside with over the last couple of weeks.  I'm glad to see Franklyn getting out of the house and I'm VERY glad to see him roughhousing with other kids!  Much better than sitting around playing Pokemon or watching videos...  Well, Blake has one of those aforementioned "real bikes."  He rode it over to the house today to play with Franklyn.  Franklyn pushed his out into the driveway and parked it close to Blake's even though he can't ride it yet.
Blake and Franklyn ran around the yard all afternoon.  I sat in the house and worked on a new budget and read a little bit.  Not until after I snapped some pictures of the boys being boys though!

No comments: