Monday, October 3, 2011

Saturday Excitement

Saturday excitement?  Not quite.  We actually had a little free time this weekend and we took full advantage of it.  Well, not like some families would.  Full advantage to us is getting to run errands and not having to worry about having them done by a certain time because of other commitments.  Scott had a deacon's meeting Saturday morning so I cleaned the house and planned my Sunday School lesson while he was gone.  Franklyn slept late which gave me plenty of "me" time that morning.  I love my "me" time.

While I was working on my Sunday School lesson I heard Franklyn down in the den reading a book out loud.  I couldn't believe it when I found him reading a book Mimi sent him a couple of weeks ago.  It's a book called "Room On The Broom" and it has lots of big words in it.  Not only does it have lots of big words, but it's a LONG book for a first grader to actually sit and read.  
He read the whole book and I only heard him struggle with a few of the difficult words.  Every couple of minutes he would yell, "Mama, what does..........spell?"
After making our weekly Cracker Barrel trip we went to WalMart to pick up a few things.  Franklyn was being a bit lazy and decided he needed to ride in the buggy.  We had to buy snacks for the youth to have Sunday night during small group study so we just loaded everything on top of Franklyn.  He didn't seem to mind that much until the 2 liter Cokes were thrown in!
This is how we roll!

Saturday night Franklyn hopped up on the counter, grabbed my iPod Touch and wore the battery down playing Angry Birds and Downhill Bowling.  I wasn't a happy camper when I got up to get on the treadmill Sunday morning and found a nearly dead battery on my iPod! 

No comments: